The Movement.

The place to go for the latest in the hip-hop world.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Reasonable Doubt vs. Illmatic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aNutsx91

PostSubject: Reasonable Doubt vs. Illmatic   Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Two of the greatest Rap albums ever.
Which one is better?

Illmatic: New York rapper Nas gets the best producers at the time uses his flawless rapping skill and creates one of the best rap albums ever. After the intro "The Genesis" comes possibly the greatest rap song of all time "New York State of Mind". The 5 minute long song captures Nas incredible flow and lyrical skill of Nas. After bieng wowed from that you are like ok thats it nothing on this cd will keep me satisfied after hearing that song. Than comes "Life's a Bitch" and "The World is yours" and your in disbelief at this rapper who came out of nowhere making multiple great songs on one album. From than on however the album is still good but never reaches close to them three songs in the first half of the album. This album is one of the most influential hip-hop albums of the 90's and was the first album ever to get 5 mics out of 5 mics from The Source. With this album Nas set the standards from than on with Hip-Hop lyrics because of his complex ryhme patterns, clever word play, and impressive vocab. One thing the album was critisized for was it only consisted of 10 tracks and 1 of the tracks were a skit. I think that is a problem I also think this album can get a little boring with Nas flow sounding the same in each song. Also, sometimes I dont know what Nas is talking about it just seems like his rambling on and on.
With that bieng said I will give Nas classic album Illmatic a 9.2/10!

Reasonable Doubt
Another classic album from another New York rapper Jay-Z. This was Jay's first studio album and said to be his best by many as well as Nas first studio album. Jay-Z showcases incredible flow and lyrical skill on this album. The stand out tracks on this "Feelin' It", "D'evils", "Dead Presidents", "22 Two's", and "Brooklyn's Finest". I would have to say "22 Two's" he showcases his lyrical ability the best as a pure freestyle rapper and makes the point that bad behavior gets in the way of making money. In "Brooklyn's Finest" featuring another big time East Coast rapper Notorious B.I.G. Jay-Z shows off his amazing ryhming ability and not to mention both Emcee's bring their A game on that track. This again another influential album in rap and it features four more tracks than Illmatic with no skits involved. However, if you include the international bonus tracks Reasonable Doubt has a total of 16 songs instead of 14. Jay-Z also like Nas has complex ryhme patterns, clever word play, and impressive vocab but I think Hova in all three of them lyrical categories takes all three of them over Nas. This album Jay-Z doesnt rap about just anything but he actually raps in almost all of the songs if not all of them about his past criminal life deatiling his experiences on the streets with disarming honesty.
With that bieng said this classic album by top Emcee Jay-Z recieves a 9.7/10!

Breaking it down and making the desicion:
Ima have to give the edge to Reasoable Doubt by a comfortable margin over Illmatic.
I really am not a big Jay-Z fan but theres no denying that Reasonable Doubt is an instant classic. I thought Reasonable Doubt was better than Illmatic by a decent some and who knows maybe if Illmatic had more songs it would be closer to Reasonable Doubt if not a tad bit better. I also personally think Illmatic gets a little boring because Nas never changes up his flow and each song starts to sound a little of the same. Where as Jay-Z brings alot of intensity to the booth and I also thought Hova's lyrics were better than Nas lyrics were.

Tell me what you guys think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Furtado.

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable Doubt vs. Illmatic   Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:39 pm

lol is that a serious question Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aNutsx91

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable Doubt vs. Illmatic   Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:42 pm

Also, my favorite song from the two cd's is "Feelin' It"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
L0S

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable Doubt vs. Illmatic   Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:45 pm

that was a great review. i totally agree, they're both very great albums, but reasonable doubt tops it overral.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mix

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable Doubt vs. Illmatic   Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:59 pm

4rl 2 of d greatest albums evr made! I Dunno how u can separate them doe but again REASONABLE DOUBT jus has the edge!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable Doubt vs. Illmatic   

Back to top Go down

Reasonable Doubt vs. Illmatic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Movement. :: Opinionation :: Album Reviews-
Jump to: